Recipe by Redsie
A wonderful recipe from Cooking Light. A delicious way to use ground beef. You can make it spicier by using more red curry paste.
Top Review by Captain's Lady
This wasn't quite as quick a lunch as I had hoped for but it was a totally different use of ground beef than just the usual. Fairly well flavored but needed more heat so I added about 1/2 t of sriracha. Served it to DH over rice noodles and myself over pasta. Rice noodles were clearly the better choice. Sprinkled with cilantro, it was a very decent dish!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked short-grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add leek; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in curry paste and tomato sauce; cook until half of liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes).
- Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through fish sauce); cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with the rice.