Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. I love Thai food and this recipe is different than the other Thai chicken from WW that I've posted. Each leg is 5 points.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce, nam pla
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 4 whole skinless chicken legs, skinned, 1/2 lb
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken into a large zip style bag and then add the chicken.
- Marinate from 4 hours to overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting.* It has raw chicken juices so it should be boiled before using as a baste.
- Grill or Broil 10 minutes per side, basting with the (boiled) marinade.
- An instant read thermometer inserted in the thigh should register 180 degrees F. when done.