Recipe by English_Rose
Why not add a touch of Oriental flair to your chicken with this Thai style chicken recipe? Time does not include marinating.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 1⁄2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the tough outer skin from the lemon grass and roughly chop. Place the lemon grass, ginger, garlic, onion, lime zest and juice, rice vinegar, sugar and olive oil in a processor and blend until smooth.
- With a sharp pair of kitchen scissors or knife, make a deep cut into the thighs and to the bone on both sides of the drumsticks.
- Place the marinade in a large bowl, add the chicken thighs and drumsticks and mix until coated. Cover and chill for at least 2hrs.
- Grill the chicken on a medium heat for about 15-20 mins turning every 5 mins until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink at the bone.
- Serve the chicken and sprinkle with chopped coriander alongside a sweet chilli sauce dip.