Recipe by doughboy724
This is a modification of a recipe on epicurious. The curry paste has been increased to make it spicy, but it can be reduced to 1 tablespoon to make it milder. Cilantro works as a garnish for this dish as well, but I prefer the basil.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup julienne sliced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup sweet bell pepper
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- add the sliced onion, stir fry until soft and beginning to brown, usually 2 minutes.
- reduce heat to medium-low and add the green onions and curry paste. stir fry until fragrant, usually around a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, thai sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, and pepper and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, usually 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with basil.