This is a modification of a recipe on epicurious. The curry paste has been increased to make it spicy, but it can be reduced to 1 tablespoon to make it milder. Cilantro works as a garnish for this dish as well, but I prefer the basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/2 cup julienne sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup sweet bell pepper
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2add the sliced onion, stir fry until soft and beginning to brown, usually 2 minutes.
- 3reduce heat to medium-low and add the green onions and curry paste. stir fry until fragrant, usually around a minute.
- 4Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, thai sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the tomatoes, carrots, and pepper and boil for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, usually 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Green Curry Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 540.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste