Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Make and share this Thai Style Fish Cakes and Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 500 g haddock or 500 g white fish fillets
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 3 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, in oil, chopped
- 1 cm ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large red chili
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Chop spring onions.
- Deseed and chop red chili.
- DIPPING SAUCE:.
- Mix juice of lime, thai fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce.
- This is the dipping sauce for fish cakes.
- FISH CAKES:.
- Whiz fish and coconut in a processor. Place this mixture into a bowl.
- Mix the lime zest, chopped onion, lemongrass, ginger, coriander, chili, salt and pepper into the fish mixture.
- With damp hands make 16 small cakes or 8 large cakes.
- Coat both sides in the flour.
- Heat the oil until very hot; fry on each side for 1 minute.
- Enjoy your fish cakes and sauce.