Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make these with veggie hot dogs! From Southern Living magazine, July 2012.
Make and share this Thai Style Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fish sauce (or use soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup English cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asian sriracha hot chili sauce
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs (vegetarian or meat)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- radish, sliced (optional)
- roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Whisk together vinegar, sesame oil, honey, fish sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in cabbage, cucumber, and carrot. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Stir together mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha sauce.
- Split tops of buns lengrthwise.
- Grill hot dogs according to package directions(or cook however you please); place in buns.
- Top with cabbage mixture and mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with cilantro leaves, peanuts and sliced radishes if desired.