Recipe by Enjolinfam
This is a healthy and delicious Thai inspired recipe. We made this last week and loved it! Recipe by Neva & Jim Brackett in their 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes.
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (can also use yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 -5 small zucchini, diced small
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos (or 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas) or 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt, to taste
- cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced carrots, onion, peppers, and garlic (not the peas yet) in a kettle with a small amount of water and curry powder. Simmer about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Blend all the remaining ingredients, except the peas and garboanzos or lentils, in a blender until smooth.
- Add the blended ingredients, the peas, and the garbanzos or lentils to the rest of the vegetables. Heat and serve over rice.