Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this of the Sunrise Morning Show. So easy and so different and delicious. The family loves them. I must admit I did serve them with Sweet Chilli Sauce!!!
- 420 g drained corn kernels
- 310 g creamed corn
- 4 eggs
- 230 g drained chopped water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped Thai basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 100 g baby asian greens
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- For the dressing.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce.
- 1/4 cup lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil.
- Place corn kernels, creamed corn, eggs, water chestnuts and basil in a large bowl, mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in flour until well blended.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Cook fritters in batches, adding 1/4 of a cup of batter to hot oil at a time. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Make sure fritters are heated through. Remove fritters from oil, drain on absorbent paper.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug, mix well.
- Combine Asian greens, basil leaves, bean shoots and capsicum in a bowl. Add dressing, toss well.
- Serve fritters topped with salad.
Very nice. Don't skip the salad - it makes the dish. Wish the dressing ingredients were listed with the rest for the calorie count (as well as convenience). Served with chili-garlic sauce, too. Made for Asian Unrated Recipe tag. Diane