Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple take on the classic holiday drink gets its richness from coconut milk, making it lighter and frothier than eggnog. Just like eggnog, the comfort factor is derived from the heady combination of rum and traditional spices. This is best served cold, or you could even whirl it with ice in a blender.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Blend together all ingredients, taste and increase any spice if needed.
With the rum and spices, this drink is reminiscent of eggnog except with a tropical flair. We enjoyed this as an after dinner drink and it was almost like a dessert. It went together very quickly and easily. I simply whipped it up in a blender with some crushed ice...yummy! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe! Made for ZWT 9 - SE Asia for The Apron String Travelers.