Recipe by The Normans
Unsure where we got this recipe from but it is a quick tasty reasonably priced midweek meal for us. If we don't have rice to serve with we mix glass noodles through the mix. If we want to bulk up the vegetable content, chunks of big mushrooms are delicious added too.
Top Review by mwestenberger
This was fast and an easy change of pace from the usual stir-fries. The recipe needs to clarify the addition of the mushrooms. I substituted cubed boneless chicken thighs for the mince. I made the mistake of adding salt. Don't!
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 500 g zucchini, diced large
- 300 g mushrooms, roughly chopped (optional ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons minced chili
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy, fish sauces, sugar and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut zucchini into 1 inch cubes and steam until tender.
- Heat wok over high heat, add oil and stirfry zucchini until golden. Remove zucchini with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chili and garlic to the wok, stir fry for 1 minute. Add mince and cook until brown.
- Return zucchini (and mushroom if using) to wok adding the sauce mix and the coriander.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve with jasmine rice or your chosen sides.