Recipe by breezermom
This is a great soup for a cold day, or an alternative to chicken soup for someone with a cold! It is really a mix between American potato soup and Thai chicken soup.
Top Review by Deantini
I did not see the addition of peanut butter when I tagged the recipe and I really cannot stand PB. I omitted the PB and the flavour fell somewhat flat, which cannot surprise. I added fresh cilantro and lime juice from two limes, extra salt and extra red pepper flakes and ended up with a great tasting soup! Also, I was skeptical of the potato combined with coconut milk - but it really worked. Made for 1-2-3 tag
- 709.77-946.36 ml cooked chicken
- 2 carrots, scraped and sliced diagonally
- 2 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 396.89 g can light coconut milk
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and diced
- 177.44 ml chunky peanut butter
- 1.23-2.46 ml dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until potato is tender.