1/2 Photos of Thai Style Chicken Stir Fry
The Flying Chef's Note:
This came out of having some vegetables I wanted to use up before they needed throwing out, so feel free to play around with veg. It is super simple and easy to make without having a huge prep time. Although if you don't cook a lot of Asian style food like me, then a lot of people would not always have some of these ingredients on hand all the time. I love Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Malaysian etc.. So I have herbs and spices sitting in my cupboard that most people would have never heard of. The ingredients in this though are very common and with Asian becoming more popular to cook at home now days, rather getting a take out. The ingredients listed below are available at just about all regular supermarkets now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 500 g baby bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thinly (about250g)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 100 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (or more)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1Note: I served this without noodles if you choose to serve over noodles or rice, lower chicken weight to about 700-800g and bok choy to 250-300g and bean sprout to about 120g.
- 2Combine chicken and ginger in a bowl, heat some of the peanut oil in a wok and cook chicken in batches, until browned all over, adding extra oil as needed.
- 3Add a little extra oil and stir fry pepper and garlic for about 1-2 Min's, stir constantly so as not to burn garlic.
- 4Add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sambal oelek, sweet chili sauce and sugar, stir to combine.
- 5Add bok choy, sprouts, onion, coriander, mint, stir, cover for just a few Min's to just wilt vegetables (you still want a good crunch), stir once more and serve.
- 6To serve: Serve as is on individual serving plates. Read note above if serving over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 1265.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 58.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce