Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple, tasty meal from Cooking Light Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (use less or none to make mild)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, and ginger in a large zip-lock plastic bag; add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Add chicken, seal and marinate in refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- (Tip: Chop garlic, peppers, and veggies while chicken marinates).
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, stir-fry until chicken begins to brown.
- Add zucchini, onion, red pepper, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add reserved marinade and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in remainder of lime juice, basil, cilantro, and green onions.
- Serve over jasmine rice or cellophane noodles.