Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a wonderful quick and easy soup that has some wonderful flavours and smells delicious while cooking. It makes for a wonderful lunch or serve as a dinner with some bread or you could add noodles to make it more substantial. It sounds like a lot of ingredients but they all come together with ease and in all it only takes about 30-35 Min's to get on the table.
Top Review by Heydarl
What a fabulous soup. Very easy to make & reasonably fast, with a great flavour. I added rice noodles for a little extra filling, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap Feb 2009
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 500 g chicken fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 medium leek, sliced thinly (350g)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml mild curry powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, halved
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 9.85 ml sambal oelek
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly (200g)
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml fresh coriander, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tablespoon peanut oil in a pan, cook, chicken in batches until browned, remove and set to one side.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil and add the leek and garlic, cook, stirring, until soft.
- Transfer the leek and garlic to a large saucepan along with the chicken, add curry powder, cumin and coriander, stir, until fragrant.
- Stir in stock, lemon grass, milk and sambal, bring to the boil, simmer, uncovered, 10 Min's.
- Mix the tablespoon of water with cornflour, add this along with the fish sauce, stir over heat until soup boils and thickens.
- Just before serving stir in capsicum, onion, juice and coriander.
- Serve soup hot by itself or with bread.