1/3 Photos of Thai-Style Chicken Soup
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a wonderful quick and easy soup that has some wonderful flavours and smells delicious while cooking. It makes for a wonderful lunch or serve as a dinner with some bread or you could add noodles to make it more substantial. It sounds like a lot of ingredients but they all come together with ease and in all it only takes about 30-35 Min's to get on the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 500 g chicken fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 medium leek, sliced thinly (350g)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml mild curry powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, halved
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 9.85 ml sambal oelek
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly (200g)
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 1Heat 1 Tablespoon peanut oil in a pan, cook, chicken in batches until browned, remove and set to one side.
- 2In the same pan heat the remaining oil and add the leek and garlic, cook, stirring, until soft.
- 3Transfer the leek and garlic to a large saucepan along with the chicken, add curry powder, cumin and coriander, stir, until fragrant.
- 4Stir in stock, lemon grass, milk and sambal, bring to the boil, simmer, uncovered, 10 Min's.
- 5Mix the tablespoon of water with cornflour, add this along with the fish sauce, stir over heat until soup boils and thickens.
- 6Just before serving stir in capsicum, onion, juice and coriander.
- 7Serve soup hot by itself or with bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.1
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 632.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: