Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the back of a box of Rice-a-Roni.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken and broccoli flavor Rice-a-Roni
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional)
- Toss chicken with soy sauce; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix according to package directions.
- Slowly stir in 1 3/4 cups water, seasoning packet, peanut butter, and garlic. Stir in the chicken and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas and pepper; return to simmer. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir and let stand for about 3 minutes. Garnish with peanuts if desired, then serve.