Recipe by ~Nimz~
Original recipe from Jacqueline Bellefontaine's "What's Cooking Barbecue" with a few changes by me. Excellent. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- 12 kaffir lime leaves (or substitute bay leaves)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the red curry paste in a small pan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 cup of the coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes, until it reduces by two thirds.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and place in a zip-lock bag.
- Add the cold marinade to the chicken, seal and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Combine the oil and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the onion into wedges.
- Cut the bell peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread them onto skewers, alternating the chicken with the vegetables and lime leaves.
- Brush the lime and oil mixture over the kabobs.
- Broil over hot coals, turning and basting frequently with the lime and oil mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.