Original recipe from Jacqueline Bellefontaine's "What's Cooking Barbecue" with a few changes by me. Excellent. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- 12 kaffir lime leaves (or substitute bay leaves)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1Place the red curry paste in a small pan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add 1/3 cup of the coconut milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Boil for 2-3 minutes, until it reduces by two thirds.
- 4Remove from heat and add the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut milk.
- 5Set aside to cool.
- 6Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and place in a zip-lock bag.
- 7Add the cold marinade to the chicken, seal and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 8Combine the oil and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- 9Cut the onion into wedges.
- 10Cut the bell peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- 11Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread them onto skewers, alternating the chicken with the vegetables and lime leaves.
- 12Brush the lime and oil mixture over the kabobs.
- 13Broil over hot coals, turning and basting frequently with the lime and oil mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
Thai red curry paste