Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 11 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Thai-style chicken for your grill!
Make and share this Thai-Style Chicken Legs recipe from Food.com.
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup asian fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 8 whole chicken legs (split, or 8 drumsticks and 8 thighs, about 5 pounds total)
- Thai sweet chili sauce, for serving
- In a blender, combine the garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, vegetable oil, hoisin sauce, coriander, kosher salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and turn to coat the pieces thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill.
- When the coals are covered with a light gray ash, push them to opposite sides of the grill and set a disposable drip pan in the center.
- If using a gas grill, turn off the center burners.
- Arrange the chicken on the hot grate above the drip pan and away from the coals, skin side down.
- Cover and grill for 40 minutes or until the skin is crisp and the meat is cooked through. Transfer to plates and serve with Thai chile sauce.
- MAKE AHEAD The marinade can be refrigerated overnight.