1/1 Photo of Thai-Style Chicken Coleslaw
Found this recipe in the paper. Great if you have left over chicken. Makes for a great light meal or lunch, with wonderful flavours. I have used both green and red cabbage for this recipe and both work well, although I do cut down on the corriander as it is not a favourite of this family. I found the pickled ginger in an Asian supermarket, but have since noticed a few deli's and supermarket's also sell it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, fresh, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime, Juice of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Place the chicken in a large serving bowl.
- 2Combine the shallots, chilli, honey, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and chives. Pour the mixture over the shredded chicken. Keep mix in fridge until ready to serve.
- 3When ready to serve add the cabbage, carrot, mint leaves, coriander and peanuts to the chicken mix.
- 4Toss lightly until well combined and finish with a garnish of pink pickled ginger.
- 5Serve the salad well chilled.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Chicken Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1859.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: