Recipe by Tisme
Found this recipe in the paper. Great if you have left over chicken. Makes for a great light meal or lunch, with wonderful flavours. I have used both green and red cabbage for this recipe and both work well, although I do cut down on the corriander as it is not a favourite of this family. I found the pickled ginger in an Asian supermarket, but have since noticed a few deli's and supermarket's also sell it.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was delicious. I used palm sugar instead of honey and a mixture of Asian mint and regular mint along with the fresh coriander. This makes a lot yummy dressing so I served it over chilled noodles to soak it all up and make it a more substantional meal for dinner tonight.
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, fresh, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime, Juice of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 chicken fillets, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 a medium cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, medium size, cut into very thin strips
- 6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, lightly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 slices pink pickled ginger (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a large serving bowl.
- Combine the shallots, chilli, honey, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and chives. Pour the mixture over the shredded chicken. Keep mix in fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve add the cabbage, carrot, mint leaves, coriander and peanuts to the chicken mix.
- Toss lightly until well combined and finish with a garnish of pink pickled ginger.
- Serve the salad well chilled.