Recipe by Olha
The mildly hot and spicy Asian flavors are beautifully balanced with a touch of sweet and citrus. Accompany with rice and a crisp green vegetable such as sugar snap peas, broccoli or beans.
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (or other hot pepper)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 skinless chicken legs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine lime rind and juice, fish sauce, sugar, ketchup, hoisin sauce, ginger, jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Add chicken, turning to coat; cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Discarding marinade.
- Broil or grill chicken, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, breasts are no longer pink inside and juices run clear when legs are pierced.
- Canadian Living’s Best.