Recipe by Buster's friend
Crispy, refreshing & satisfying - especially when it is really hot & humid but you'd like some sort of meal! Fish sauce is a really great source of B vitamins - brain food! Has raw egg which some may prefer to substitute or use pasteurized egg. I like to briefly coddle my eggs - but they are still essentially raw. From Taste of Thai.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn into pieces
- 1 cup crouton
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub garlic all over bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Add salt, dry mustard and black pepper to a small bowl. Stir to mix together.
- Whisk in Fish Sauce, vinegar and olive oil to smaller bowl. Blend together well.
- Whisk in egg and lemon juice.
- Add romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese and croutons to large garlic-rubbed bowl.
- Toss gently with dressing.
- Serve immediately on chilled plates.
- Alternative - mix dressing in garlic rubbed serving bowl. add lettuce & parmesan & croutons to bowl & toss well.
- you must share.