Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
An interesting twist on the regular burger. Really good for a change of pace.
- 1 small lemongrass (see note)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 scallions
- 2 1⁄2 cups closed cap mushrooms
- 14 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- shredded napa cabbage
- **NOTE--substitutes found on the net for one small stalk--- lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon= 2 stalks lemon grass) OR lemon verbena OR lemon balm OR lemon leaves.
- Place lemongrass, soy sauce, chile, garlic and scallions in food processor and process to a smooth paste; add mushrooms and process until they are finely chopped.
- Add the pork, fish sauce and cilantro, season well with salt and pepper, and divide mixture into 4 equal portions and using lightly floured hands, shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add burgers and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until done to your tastes.
- Mix the mayo and lime juice, and spread on the hamburger buns.
- Add some cabbage, and top with a burger.
FABULOUS! We also made them into little meatballs and had a Thai dipping sauce. They were great both ways. Quick, and flavorful. Thanks for sharing!