An interesting twist on the regular burger. Really good for a change of pace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small lemongrass (see note)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 scallions
- 2 1/2 cups closed cap mushrooms
- 14 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- shredded napa cabbage
- 1**NOTE--substitutes found on the net for one small stalk--- lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon= 2 stalks lemon grass) OR lemon verbena OR lemon balm OR lemon leaves.
- 2Place lemongrass, soy sauce, chile, garlic and scallions in food processor and process to a smooth paste; add mushrooms and process until they are finely chopped.
- 3Add the pork, fish sauce and cilantro, season well with salt and pepper, and divide mixture into 4 equal portions and using lightly floured hands, shape into patties.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add burgers and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until done to your tastes.
- 6Mix the mayo and lime juice, and spread on the hamburger buns.
- 7Add some cabbage, and top with a burger.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 923.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: