Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesy Daily Press.
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Stir fish sauce with sugar until dissolved; set aside.
- Drop broccoli florets into a saucepan of boiling water.
- Cover and boil 2- 3 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and fry until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Add fish sauce mixture to remaining oil.
- Add broccoli and stir until blended with seasonings and heated through.
- Turn out onto serving dish and top with garlic.
This is a great tasting, mild, Thai dish which will go well with a variety of Asian meals. Toasted garlic gives an amazing flavor to the broccoli, along with the fish sauce, lending a depth of flavor. I would serve this dish again as part of my Asian meals, as it is very versatile and tasty! Thanks, S'kat!
This was great.My DH loved it,so did I! Thanks
This was delicious! I must have dome something wrong, when I added the fish sauce to the oil it spattered like CRAZY and it smelled quite strong (as fish sauce does) Hubby hated the smell and would not try it, but it was actually the best tasting broccoli dish *I* have ever made. After cooking it did not smell either, but my family is super sensitive to smells. I added about a teaspoon of sesame oil to the sauce and a sprinkle of pepper flakes at the end. I will most definitely make it again, even if it is just for myself.