Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so flavorful and yummy! I cannot take credit for it however, I found it in the Healthy Cooking magazine and wanted to share it with everyone! So refreshing, would taste great on a burger or chicken sandwich. It tastes a lot like the topping of the quesadilla explosion salad from Chili's! I actually used a whole lime instead of 1 T. of juice and zested it. I also used a bit more salt after it sat for awhile!
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- Cook corn according to package directions. Transfer to a small bowl add all ingredients and stir to coat everything.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Nice salsa, the sesame oil and rice vinegar weren't enough to impart a Thai feel to the dish, in our opinion, but it was a refreshing and healthy counterpoint to a guilty pleasure main dish. Made for October 2012 Pick A Chef.
This made a colorful and very tasty salad and would make a nice salsa pairing with things like fish tacos. We enjoyed the spark of lime paired with the sesame oil. The sesame oil flavor is fairly strong. Next time I'll sprinkle with sesame seeds and maybe a few red pepper flakes. The seeded jalapeno imparted little heat. I added no salt & used crisp canned corn (drained). Thank you for sharing the recipe!