Recipe by Ashley S.
This is so flavorful and yummy! I cannot take credit for it however, I found it in the Healthy Cooking magazine and wanted to share it with everyone! So refreshing, would taste great on a burger or chicken sandwich. It tastes a lot like the topping of the quesadilla explosion salad from Chili's! I actually used a whole lime instead of 1 T. of juice and zested it. I also used a bit more salt after it sat for awhile!
Top Review by KateL
Nice salsa, the sesame oil and rice vinegar weren't enough to impart a Thai feel to the dish, in our opinion, but it was a refreshing and healthy counterpoint to a guilty pleasure main dish. Made for October 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt