Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A great cheap midweek meal. Dried soya mince (sometimes known as TVP) can be found in most supermarkets very cheaply. These make a crispy morsel which is chewy on the inside and are divine served with sweet chilli sauce
- 150 g vegetarian mincemeat (dried soya mincemeat)
- 150 ml warm water
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place dried soya in a bowl and pour over the water. Leave for a few mins to absorb the water.
- Stir the coconut, peanut butter, shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli and soy into the mince.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Divide the mixture into eight and mould each portion into a patty shape using your hands. Press well to keep them together.
- Heat the grill to high and line a grill pan with foil. If not using non stick foil grease the tin foil.
- Grill the bites until golden on top then turn and repeat.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.