Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in responce to a request. From "The Low-Carb Cookbook" by Fran McCullough.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 " cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (, to garnish)
- In a dutch oven, warm the oil over low heat and add the curry paste.
- Stir and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, then add to the coconut milk Cook and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the beef, bring to a boil and lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook covered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring from time to time.
- By now the meat should be soft, if it is not, continue cooking until it is.
- Raise the heat and cook uncovered another 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick Taste for seasoning and serve garnished with cilantro.
Fabulous, my two favorite things to order in a Thai restaurant are Pad Thai (of course) and a good curry dish. This is quite easy and very good. I've never had it with cilantro, although after I tasted it with, I don't know if I can eat it without. Such a simple addition, but perfect for the dish, thank you.
it's a good quick recipe, but it's a bit too easy and plain for my taste and missing different ingredients/tastes. Next time I will use another recipe again ... with lemongrass, fish sauce, ginger etc.
Still really quick & easy and not bad at all :)
I thought the flavor on this was good but mine came out extremely spicy. I think I used too much curry paste as I only had 1.5 lbs of meat defrosted but might not have cut the paste down enough. I will probably give it another shot sometime soon! Thanks for posting.