Recipe by Miss Erin C.
Posted in responce to a request. From "The Low-Carb Cookbook" by Fran McCullough.
Top Review by Kevin Young
Fabulous, my two favorite things to order in a Thai restaurant are Pad Thai (of course) and a good curry dish. This is quite easy and very good. I've never had it with cilantro, although after I tasted it with, I don't know if I can eat it without. Such a simple addition, but perfect for the dish, thank you.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 " cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, warm the oil over low heat and add the curry paste.
- Stir and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, then add to the coconut milk Cook and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the beef, bring to a boil and lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook covered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring from time to time.
- By now the meat should be soft, if it is not, continue cooking until it is.
- Raise the heat and cook uncovered another 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick Taste for seasoning and serve garnished with cilantro.