1/1 Photo of Thai-style Basil Rice
Wonderfully aromatic, this delicious rice is a wonderful addition to your dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened flaked coconut, to taste (optional)
- 1In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter and oil together over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallots and chopped basil and cook until shallots are slightly soft, about 5 minutes; add garlic and green onion and sauté another 2 to three minutes.
- 3Add the uncooked rice and stir to coat well; sauté for 3 minutes while stirring.
- 4Mix together the water and chicken bouillon and stir until dissolved; add bouillon liquid to rice in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 5If using, stir in red pepper and coconut flakes.
- 6Cover saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is to preferred texture.
- 7Fluff with fork, serve, and enjoy.
- 8Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-style Basil Rice
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 297.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g