Recipe by Julesong
Wonderfully aromatic, this delicious rice is a wonderful addition to your dinner!
Top Review by Judy-Jude
This is a terrific recipe. I used chicken broth instead of water and omitted the chicken cubes. I also omitted the coconut because we do not care for it in our rice. This recipe is excellent, nothing left to save for the next day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened flaked coconut, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter and oil together over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and chopped basil and cook until shallots are slightly soft, about 5 minutes; add garlic and green onion and sauté another 2 to three minutes.
- Add the uncooked rice and stir to coat well; sauté for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Mix together the water and chicken bouillon and stir until dissolved; add bouillon liquid to rice in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- If using, stir in red pepper and coconut flakes.
- Cover saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is to preferred texture.
- Fluff with fork, serve, and enjoy.
- Makes 4 servings.