Recipe by Mary Jenny
Who doesn't love spring rolls? Feed your loved ones these guilt-free baked spring rolls that pack in your favourite Asian flavours.
- phyllo pastry, slices roughly 8x16 inches
- 200 g ground chicken
- 200 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add a splash of olive oil to a heavy-base fry pan on medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt, mushrooms, carrot, ginger and garlic. Sauté until chicken takes on colour and mushrooms sweat down. Then add sesame oil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Lay out single rectangular pieces of phyllo pastry. Brush one half with canola or vegetable oil. Fold over pastry to create a two-layered square piece. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of mixture into the corner and roll pastry up like a burrito. Paint a dab of oil on remaining corner to seal spring roll.
- Lay spring rolls on a parchment lined baking tray Brush rolls lightly with oil and bake at 400⁰F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove and serve with a store-bought sweet chili sauce.