Recipe by GinnyP
In a word....YUM!
Top Review by Sue Lau
Perfect! This may well be the best tasting asparagus I ever ate! It had a fantastic flavor, truly Thai, with the right amount of heat and pungency. The basil, as could be expected, was great. I steamed my asparagus for 10 minutes before stir-frying and everything came out wonderful. I chose to use sambal oelek in lieu of the minced serranos (although I did garnish with Thai dragon chilies). Thanks so much! I will make this often!
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon saffola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon serrano peppers or 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, snapped, steamed, but slightly undercooked
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use gluten-free) or 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (I omit it) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 2 large chilies, of your chiles, slice diagonal into thin ovals
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok or large, deep skillet over high heat.
- Add oil, making sure bottom of pan is completely oiled.
- Add garlic and minced chile, toss until garlic begins to turn golden; about 15 seconds.
- Add the asparagus; stir-fry until coated with oil, about 15 seconds.
- Add the soy sauces, sugar, basil, and 1 T water; stir-fry until basil starts to wilt.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with sliced chiles.
- For Vegetarian do not use the fish sauce, use the soy sauce.