In a word....YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon saffola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon serrano peppers or 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, snapped, steamed, but slightly undercooked
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use gluten-free) or 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (I omit it) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 2 large chilies, of your chiles, slice diagonal into thin ovals
- 1Heat a wok or large, deep skillet over high heat.
- 2Add oil, making sure bottom of pan is completely oiled.
- 3Add garlic and minced chile, toss until garlic begins to turn golden; about 15 seconds.
- 4Add the asparagus; stir-fry until coated with oil, about 15 seconds.
- 5Add the soy sauces, sugar, basil, and 1 T water; stir-fry until basil starts to wilt.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7Garnish with sliced chiles.
- 8For Vegetarian do not use the fish sauce, use the soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Asparagus With Chiles, Garlic, & Basil
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 721.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g