Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so good with the spicy pork/shrimp mix inside orange segments. I have also just stuffed into hollowed oranges but this really is a great mix of sweet and spicy. A great appetizer or finger food.
- 1 -2 medium orange
- 150 g ground pork
- 50 g shrimp (Mince)
- 10 g chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red chili peppers, finely sliced
- Fry the pork mince, until no longer pink, add garlic to the frying pan and fry for 30 seconds more.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the oranges and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Peel and segment the oranges, cut down the back of each segment and fill with the mince. Place some of the sliced chili's on top of the mince. (or alternatively cook them with the pork).
- Grate some of the orange peel, and slice some chillies finely and garnish.
Delicious! The combination of sweet, spicy, and salty was fantastic. It was pretty easy to make and well worth the time. I arranged the oranges to look like the petals of flowers before serving... it was so pretty with the green of the cilantro, the orange, and the red chili pepper! Thank you for sharing a keeper.