Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
With and abundance of Poblano and Green peppers from the garden, and a nice crop of Thai basil (queen of siam basil)this was a natural combination of flavors and vegetables that turned out to be a family hit!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed Thai basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 6 -8 pablano bell peppers or 6 -8 green peppers
- In a large skillet heat Seasame Oil over medium high heat and coat bottom, add Turkey, Onion, and garlic and cook until turkey meat is browned, stirring to break up chunks of meat.
- Make sauce: In a bowl combine Soy Sauce, Water, Fish Sauce,Hoisin Sauce, Brown Sugar, and Corn Starch and quickly whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir sauce into meat mixture, along with Red Pepper flakes and Thai Basil.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes, then stir in Cooked Rice- remove from heat and let cool, or leave overnight in refridgerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tops off the peppers de-seed and de-vein as much as possible.
- Stuff meat mixture into peppers until full- arrange in a greased 9X13 baking dish- add 2/3 cup water to baking dish and baked covered for 45 minutes to 1 hr- when fork easily inserts into pepper flesh- it is done.
This is my kind of recipe. SO FLAVOURFUL!
I made it with ground beef instead of ground turkey, but other than that I followed directions to a T (may be not...I used red bell peppers instead of green)
I love these, I have found many different ways to spice up and change stuffed peppers and this is one of my favorites. I used just regular old ground beef though and it was very tasty. Thank you so mcuh for sharing this recipe!