Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
After having my first and most delicious Thai meal, I was on the hunt for recipes to make at home. I found this recipe in a beautiful book called, appropriately, "Beautiful Thailand". As with all curry dishes you will want to adjust the heat to your tastes. I find 1 tablespoon of curry paste to be more than sufficient to clear a sinus cold so you may want to start with 1/2 tablespoon. Have fun!
- 90 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons panang curry paste (use only 1 Tbsp. or less for less heat)
- 250 g beef sirloin, sliced thinly
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped fine (or cashews)
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute on low heat.
- Return the temperature to high and saute the beef, then add the sauce. Cook until the sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced peppers , onions and ground peanuts. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve over Jasmine rice. (P.S. Don't eat the lime leaves).
Excellent. Accidently used Massaman Curry paste, but tasted wonderful.
very good, quick and easy. i didn't have lime leaves so i subbed some grated lime rind and juice of 1 lime. i only used 1 tbsp of curry paste and i also stir fried the peppers and onions for a few minutes before adding the sauce and served this over jasmine rice.
I made this dish and it was AWESOME. Very easy to make - great find on the recipe!