A likable combination, and very pretty. Comes together quickly once the veges are prepped. I'm listing them first, so you can prep them, the other ingredients follow in order of use.
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water and sliced in thirds
- 5 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 green onions with tops, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces baby corn (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water (as needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- black pepper
- red bell pepper, cut in strips
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Prep all veggies.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add snow peas, red pepper, onions, and baby corn and stir to combine.
- Add soy sauce, water (if needed), sugar, sesame oil, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until everything is shiny and hot-crisp.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture, and stir-fry for 1 more minute, until the sauce has thickened somewhat.
- Transfer to serving dish, and garnish as desired.