Recipe by Sue Lau
A lovely stir-fry using fresh shiitake mushrooms. If you don't have those, use dried, and soak them in warm water before using.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
I'd have to say this was pretty darn good. I love to stir fry too so when I saw this recipe I was like, "hey I'm going to stir fry today!" lol, and my whole family did really enjoy it. Thank you so much for posting.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 -10 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 2 -3 fresh Thai red chili peppers, sliced (or 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes, either optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- hot steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok and stir-fry onions until limp; add garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Remove onion and garlic; add chicken and stir-fry; add soy sauce, ginger, 2/3 of mint leaves, mixing into chicken.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, chilies, onion, garlic, and cook, until chicken is just cooked and tender.
- Then quickly season with vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce, stirring well; then remove from heat.
- Taste for seasoning; add 1 tbsp more fish sauce if you prefer.
- Garnish with remaining mint; serve with hot steamed rice.