Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely stir-fry using fresh shiitake mushrooms. If you don't have those, use dried, and soak them in warm water before using.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 -10 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 2 -3 fresh Thai red chili peppers, sliced (or 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes, either optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- hot steamed rice
- Heat oil in wok and stir-fry onions until limp; add garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Remove onion and garlic; add chicken and stir-fry; add soy sauce, ginger, 2/3 of mint leaves, mixing into chicken.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, chilies, onion, garlic, and cook, until chicken is just cooked and tender.
- Then quickly season with vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce, stirring well; then remove from heat.
- Taste for seasoning; add 1 tbsp more fish sauce if you prefer.
- Garnish with remaining mint; serve with hot steamed rice.
I'd have to say this was pretty darn good. I love to stir fry too so when I saw this recipe I was like, "hey I'm going to stir fry today!" lol, and my whole family did really enjoy it. Thank you so much for posting.