Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I first made this because it sounded so unique. But I'll make it again and again because it's so full of flavor! My meat-and-potatoes husband doesn't like it, but I guess that leaves more for me! The recipe calls for unsweetened coconut, but I haven't been able to find it, so I just used a little less of the sweetened.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2⁄3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil, peanut, canola or 2 tablespoons coconut
- 2 cups napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, unsweetened, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, dry-roasted, chopped
- Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- In a wok or heavy-bottomed skillet, heat a few tbsps of oil over high heat.
- Add cabbage, scallions & garlic, & stir-fry for no more than 5 minutes, or until the cabbage is hot through.
- Add the mixture from step 1 to the cabbage, and stir to coat. Let it cook just another minute, and stir in the coconut.
- Serve topped w/ peanuts.