I first made this because it sounded so unique. But I'll make it again and again because it's so full of flavor! My meat-and-potatoes husband doesn't like it, but I guess that leaves more for me! The recipe calls for unsweetened coconut, but I haven't been able to find it, so I just used a little less of the sweetened.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil, peanut, canola or 2 tablespoons coconut
- 2 cups napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup coconut, unsweetened, flaked
- 1/4 cup peanuts, dry-roasted, chopped
- 1Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- 2In a wok or heavy-bottomed skillet, heat a few tbsps of oil over high heat.
- 3Add cabbage, scallions & garlic, & stir-fry for no more than 5 minutes, or until the cabbage is hot through.
- 4Add the mixture from step 1 to the cabbage, and stir to coat. Let it cook just another minute, and stir in the coconut.
- 5Serve topped w/ peanuts.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Stir-Fried Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 706.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g