Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is still a very experimental work in progress! When going out for Thai I love the sticky rice with coconut milk and the fresh mango on the side. So why not give it a twist and make it a sweet and cool summer dessert.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup mango puree
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Make sure the whole milk, coconut milk, and heavy cream are well chilled.
- In a large bowl combine the whole milk, coconut milk, and heavy cream.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the granulated sugar until it is dissolved.
- Then, stir in the mango puree until well blended.
- Pour everything into your ice cream maker (I use a Cuisinart) and mix for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Once ice cream resembles soft serve pour it into a freezer safe container. I can't help but sample what I made but it always taste better the next day after it has been in the freezer over night.
- It may not be the most decadent ice cream like you get at Ben and Jerry's but making a frozen custard is just not quick enough for me. This recipe can take as little as hour while a custard based recipe can take three times that, waiting for the custard to cool.