Recipe by Pinay0618
Quick, low fat and low calorie, this is a great light dish for summer. Recipe is from Whole Foods.
- 1 (1 lb) skinless fillet red snapper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai chiles or 2 serrano chilies, seeded and cut into very thin strips
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- cilantro leaf (to garnish)
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange a steamer basket or cake rack in a large wok or deep skillet and add enough water to reach just below the rack; set aside.
- Place fish on a large piece of oiled parchment paper and season with salt. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, green onions and chiles and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Stir in lime zest and fish sauce and cook for about 10 seconds more. Pour mixture over fish and wrap up parchment paper snugly to form a packet.
- Carefully transfer fish to rack in wok or skillet. Bring water to a simmer over medium heat, cover and steam until fish is just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove parchment packet from wok and transfer to a large plate. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.