- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 -2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced thin
- ground ginger, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup mirin or 1 cup sake
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the basil and cilantro, shred the cabbage, and wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Put the cabbage on the bottom of a steamer, place the shrimp on top, and then the mushrooms; spread the herbs and ginger evenly on the top.
- Steam for five minutes, or until the shrimp are firm and opaque.