Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posting this for ZWT 2006. Oh wow these sound good! I would serve these with coconut rice and some steamed asparagus I think.
- 2267.96 g fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice
- 382.71 g can unsweetened coconut milk
- 78.07 ml dry white wine
- 22.18 ml Thai red curry paste
- 22.18 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml asian fish sauce
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 473.18 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels; pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.
I am so glad my Superstore didn't have any PC Thai Green Curry Cooking sauce in a can an I had to use your recipe. I did 1/2 the whole thing and use bottled lime juice but it was still really good. I have saved the rest of the sauce to add to a curry later this week!
I got this recipe from Epicurious and tried it on Saturday. I had yellow curry paste which was fine. The flavors of this are excellent, you must have a lot of bread for the sauce. I will make this one over and over again.
As a person that grew up in Thailand and who has cooked Thai dishes for years, this one attracted my attention. Normally I use a green curry for seafoods, but this does seem to go well with the red. I'd definitely serve this with rice and maybe some finely sliced Thai chili peppers.