Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006. Oh wow these sound good! I would serve these with coconut rice and some steamed asparagus I think.
Top Review by kerrbear
I am so glad my Superstore didn't have any PC Thai Green Curry Cooking sauce in a can an I had to use your recipe. I did 1/2 the whole thing and use bottled lime juice but it was still really good. I have saved the rest of the sauce to add to a curry later this week!
- 5 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels; pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.