Recipe by GothicGranola
From 'The Everything Barbeque Cookbook' Estimated servings amount and cook time since it wasn't noted in the book. Cooking time does not include overnight marination.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make peanut sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Saute onion, garlic, and chili powder until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock, peanut putter, apple juice, and mango chutney. Simmer 2 minutes or until thick. May be stored in refrigerator for up to a week.
- To make the kebabs, thread meat onto skewers and place in a shallow glass baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients. Pour over kebabs. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill to desired doneness and serve with peanut sauce.