Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 'The Everything Barbeque Cookbook' Estimated servings amount and cook time since it wasn't noted in the book. Cooking time does not include overnight marination.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- To make peanut sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Saute onion, garlic, and chili powder until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock, peanut putter, apple juice, and mango chutney. Simmer 2 minutes or until thick. May be stored in refrigerator for up to a week.
- To make the kebabs, thread meat onto skewers and place in a shallow glass baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients. Pour over kebabs. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill to desired doneness and serve with peanut sauce.