Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy cold spring rolls.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 5 ounces rice noodles, softened
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, shredded
- 24 sheets rice paper, wrappers
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Garlic Marinade: Mix together ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place pork on foil-lined baking sheet; brush on garlic marinade.
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until pork is slightly pink inside.
- Let cool; cut into thin 1 1/2–inch long slices.
- In large bowl, toss together pork, rice noodles, carrots, mint and cilantro.
- Fill wide shallow pan with hot water and spread dish towel out on work surface.
- Dip rice wrapper into water for about 3 seconds, until softened, and place it in front of you on towel.
- Place lettuce leaf on lower third of rice wrapper.
- Arrange 2 tablespoons of the noodle mixture on lettuce.
- Fold bottom edge over the filling, tucking in sides; roll up into a tight cylinder.
- Place roll on platter and cover with a damp towel to prevent from drying out.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.