Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from the January issue of Vegetarian Times. I thought that the original recipe was a bit bland, so the I added the optional ingredients listed below. Add the chili paste to your own liking. Original recipe says 1/2 tsp and we use at least one Tbsp
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof frozen soy crumbles, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2-3 teaspoon thai red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (optional) or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (optional)
- 1 large buch spinach leaves (separated from the stem- at least 12 leaves)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted and unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- To make Filling:.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or unil softened. Stir in soy crumbles, corn, and green onions, and saute 1 minute. Add chili paste, and cook 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- To make Relish:.
- Combine cucumber, peanuts, and vinegar in medium bowl.
- Have guests make their own cups by placing small amount of filling into one spinach leaf and topping it with small spoonful of relish.