Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe because it suits everyone in the family from vegans to meat eaters. If I want to add meat, I slice the meat finely or use small pieces of seafood and then it only takes a minute or so to cook. You will be hooked of Thai soups if you try this recipe.
- 4 cups water or 4 cups mild vegetable stock
- 1 -2 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 10 slices galanga root, thin
- 4 -6 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili paste
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
- 3 tomatoes, wedged (tomatoes can be left out)
- 1 whole chile (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- coriander, chopped,for garnish
- Combine water and chili paste, and bring to a boil.
- Add glalnga root, keffir lime leaf, lemon grass, mushrooms (tofu or any meat analogue can also be used) and onion.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, oyster sauce,tomato and chili peppers.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
- Adjust seasonings with soy sauce and lemon juice, if necessary.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with coriander.
Fabulous, spicy, easy to prepare & YUM! Try this recipe.
Yay...finally a vegan recipe for Tom Yum soup....mmmmmmmmmmmm