Recipe by Sue Lau
Spicy, refreshing, and easy and quick beyond belief to make! Buy your shrimp already cooked from the market and you won't have to cook a thing!
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Bravo, nice salad! I made this a couple of days ago following the directions exactly but used the microplane to grate my ginger and I did not have the lemongrass so used the zest of one lemon. To my dressing I added 1 tablespoon of canola oil to hold it onto the salad better. I cooked my own shrimp but see how easy it would be with pre-cooked. I actually think I would like this even better with chicken. Thanks for posting, Sue Lau.
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, cut
- 453.59 g shrimp, cleaned and steamed
- 1 inch gingerroot, cut into thin julienne pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 59.16 ml chopped green onions
- 59.16 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lettuce in salad bowls, and arrange shrimp on top.
- Place ginger, onion and chilies over shrimp.
- In a small bowl, mix lemongrass, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and black pepper.
- Pour over salads and garnish with green onion, cilantro, and mint leaves.