Recipe by j.knopp
Variation of Asian spicy noodles.
Top Review by HeatherN
Delicious!! FIVE STARS! I used a 24 oz pork loin and a full red/green pepper and tripled the sauce ingredients. I only drizzled a teaspoon or so of the Asian Chili Sauce on and WOW! That is nice lovely burn. =D I served this with Coconut Ginger Rice (Recipe #29074) And I'm so sorry that I forgot to take a picture. Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 4 cups rice, steamed
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 green pepper
- 3⁄4 red pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 hot chili peppers, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 20 basil leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Asian chili sauce (only if you like fire)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili pepper, finely chopped (6-7 chilies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare favourite rice for 4 and put to side.
- Slice pork into 1/4-inch strips.
- Cut red & green pepper in 1 inch thin strips.
- Heat oil in wok until it is about to smoke.
- Add garlic and chilies and stir fry for 35 seconds.
- Add pork strip and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add soya, sugar, oyster sauce and water (3 tbsp) and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add red & green peppers and 3/4 of basil leaves and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take wok off stove.
- Dissolve 1/2 tsp cornstarch in cold water.
- Add cornstarch to wok and heat until thick.
- Add rice and mix till warm.
- Serve with Asian hot sauce (for those you like it hot).
- Asian Hot Sauce: Mix all ingredients together and stir to dissolve the sugar.